What is digital magic? It's that lightbulb in your head to visit the website you enjoy. It's the smile on your face when you're watching a clip that resonates deeply with you. It's the few seconds when you look at that billboard on the busy street. For me, digital magic are resonating values & messages heard in an incredibly crowded media landscape.
Ever since I was growing up, I've loved creating digital magic. By combining my strong, diverse technical & development acumen, with my proven creative & design skills, for the past 8 years I've helping organisations, from Sydney to Sacramento, achieve engaging websites, enchanting video, persuasive printed design, and much more.
Thank you so much for taking the time to learn more about me. I can't wait to learn more about you and how we can work together.
Aug 2015 - Present
Lead Editor, Data & Content
ProductReview.com.au • Sydney, Australia
Disseminating, editing, modifying and strategising product listings in maintaining an exceptionally high standard at an semi-autonomous level. Balancing business requirements with consumer demands and technological limitations. Helping to maintain a collaborative, engaging and inclusive environment.
Jan 2014 - May 2015
California State University, Sacramento • Sacramento, United States
Performed duties as floor director, along with other duties assisting production, for the second season of Made at Sac State, a video magazine-type television informational series broadcasted on regional terrestrial television. Assisted the executive producer with keeping production to high standards of quality and production to schedule, handled and studio floor crew and talent, and operated & troubleshooted a wide range of broadcast-standard studio equipment.
Sep 2014 - Dec 2014
Quality Assurance Assistant
Momento Pro • Sydney, Australia
Responsible for ensuring that printed products are of exacting quality and free of production errors. Performed under pressure through incredibly busy production periods. Ensured that inventory handling and reporting were conducted to above and beyond company standards.
Feb 2012 – Sep 2014
Director of Online Presence
180 Degrees Consulting • Sydney, Australia
Marketing and promotion through website & social media networks, stakeholder & client (customer) management, promotional strategy, liaising with worldwide branches, creating reports for superior and C-Level management, project management.
- Highly proficient in HTML5 and CSS, alongside strong experience with various CMSes including WordPress & TextPattern
- Working proficiency in PHP & JS, including understanding of OOP & Agile; close to Full-Stack competency
- Emerging proficiency in Ruby on Rails & node.js (with an eagerness to learn fast if development calls for it!)
- Working proficiency with DevOps, including VMWare ESXi, Chef, Linux, nginx, & various cloud environments (incl. AWS)
- Exposure to CakePHP, Symfony2, Python & Heroku
- Proven video production skills in both single-camera & multi-camera environments, both studio & on location
- Highly proficient in post-production including Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign, with proven experience in both print & digital
- Proven marketing & PR skills, with experience in EDM (SendGrid & MailChimp), AdWords, FB Adverts, and OutBrain
- Highly developed data & BI skills including high profiency in MySQL & IBM Watson
MySQL, IBM Watson Analytics
Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign
Adobe Illustrator, After Effects
University of Technology, Sydney
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Majored in Media Arts & Production, graduated with Distinction GPA
University of Technology, Sydney
Diploma of Communication
Majored in Public Relations, graduated with High Distinction GPA
Higher School Certificate
Managed & wrote curriculum for the Redfield College TV Studio, Class Prefect (Year 10)
I am a huge Disney•Pixar geek, so it's only natural that, in my spare time, I am the Chief Operating Officer & Resident Superhero (admin & developer) for the world's largest Pixar community, Pixar Planet. With over 6,000 members, and over 4 million visitors each year, since 2009 I've been keeping the site, including the world's largest Pixar news blog, up and running.
Other community work & contributions include:
- Providing web development, hosting & other web & media consulting services to multiple non-profits across Sydney
- Was active in university organisations, most notably serving as Marketing Officer for the UTS United Nations Society
- Volunteered teaching video production skills to disadvantaged primary school students both in Sacramento & Sydney
- Volunteer for Starlight Childrens' Foundation, St. Vincent De Paul, and other local charities across multiple cities